Sunday, November 2, 2008

Attack of the midterms!

Arghhh! Midterms! What I first thought would be a nice midterm schedule has turned into hell. 1 midterm a week for 5 weeks in a row is not so nice as 5 midterms in 2 weeks as you have that much more time to stress and worry about them. The attack started with animal behaviour which I though I had done well on, however after receiving my mark Thursday I didn't do so well. This professor is very fanatical and not really forgiving of how things have been done historically or in a private practice when it comes to things like dehorning and castrating calves. we kind of butted heads a bit over some things so I think our difference of opinion led to my sub standard mark. 2nd was biochemistry, a subject I really detest, though I found out today that I didn't do as poorly as I had thought I would. Yay for one good mark. Last week we had anatomy. The amount of material on that exam was astronomical and I think I stressed myself out too much for that one. I did fine I think on the lab poriton, but I misread a question on the written and drew the stay apparatus of the equine forelimb instead of the support apparatus of the fetlock. I have embryology this week and physiology the week after. Then I believe we get a 2 week break before they start again before Christmas.

On to better news, we had a great Halloween party. The 2nd years put on the Halloween happy hour in our buffeteria and sold alcohol and supplied a potluck dinner for everyone. Lots of faculty were out and tons of students with amazing costumes. I went as a peacock, which turned out really well. We then all crammed into the lecture hall and watched all the 2nd years skits again which are even funnier when you have been drinking. We then proceeded to a big pup-crawl for the rest of the night. It was great fun.

It has been 4 weeks since I have been home and I am so excited to fly out this Friday and visit. I miss my horses tons as well as my family and auntie sherry. and my fish, and dog and birds, and so on and so forth......... I better get back to studying embryology, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Hey kiddo, You are a star and you will bounce back from any blips. Miss you too . See you on the W/E
You have mail.